Friday, November 5, 2010

An apology...

Preface:
I know I’ve recently made various allusions to a former teacher, Carl. Here is another of Carl’s stories. (If anyone knows the facts of this to be different, I hope you’ll correct me.) Earlier, in Carl’s career, he was appointed to a much coveted position as the Chairman of Psychiatry at a famous medical school. Almost immediately, he established a policy that all first and second year medical students must participate in regular group therapy. Probably, this was a great idea but it ended up entirely alienating him from the rest of the faculty. So, soon thereafter, he was fired. It was a terrible blow to his career. From that incident, Carl learned that while it’s important to do what is morally and ethically right, one must also consider the repercussions – particularly if one has a family.

I must apologize to those who read my comments here. Earlier this week, I posted information which I believe is important information to consumers of health-care services. It is possible that there would be repercussions which would impact others. Because of that, I have removed those postings.

If you want to view the information, feel free to email me and I’ll try to help you find it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, your comments are helpful.